Code of Conduct
Harbour Way Country Club (HWCC)
Code of Conduct
Harbour Way Country Club is a multi-sport privately owned Members only club based in West Wittering. We are committed to providing a safe and friendly sporting and social facility that enhances the health and wellbeing of everyone who joins, visits, uses or works at the HWCC.
This code of conduct has been developed to ensure a respectful place for all visitors, staff and members including:
- Exercise Classes
- Indoor Cycling
We set high standards and require all members, visitors and staff whether you are participating in sports and activities, spectating, visiting or working, to adhere to the standards and behaviours set out in this Code of Conduct.
We take concerns regarding alleged breaches of the Code very seriously and all allegations will be investigated and dealt with accordingly.
As a club member, visitor, participant, employee, instructor or coach at HWCC you agree to the following terms as outlined below:
- Always act in a way which supports and upholds the reputation and values of the club
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships based on confidence, trust and respect
- Demonstrate and promote sensitivity for the customs, practices, culture and personal beliefs of others
- Safeguard all confidential, commercially sensitive and personal data acquired as a result of relationships formed through the club and not use it for personal advantage or the benefit or detriment of third parties
- Demonstrate and promote fair and reasonable standards in the treatment of people who are operating within their sphere of influence
- Challenge others if they suspect unlawful or unethical conduct or behaviour or report to a staff member
- Act responsibly at all times when visiting, participating or working in any area of the HWCC facilities
- Compete and spectate in a manner of good sportsmanship, regardless to the nature of the game, match or competition
- Show respect to all individuals associated with the activity you are involved in (ie coaches, match officials, other team members, opponents, swimmers, gym users, class attendees etc)
- Show respect to all HWCC staff and property
- Abide by all licensing laws as governed in the UK
- Behave in a manner that does not endanger yourself or other individuals
- Promote equality and diversity and to report any discriminatory behaviour of any kind
- If participating in any activities to inform the person in charge of any relevant medical condition, allergy, intolerance or previous injuries that would affect your safe participation